2 EUROPEAN LEADERS JOIN FORCES TO SIMPLIFY AND INCREASE HOTEL SALES ON GIFT BOXES
Smartbox, N°1 of experience gift category in Europe and D-EDGE, N°1 European leader in Distribution technology and marketing for hotels, have joined forces to develop connectivity between their 2 platforms. Thanks to this partnership, hoteliers can now manage their sales on Smartbox as easily as their other channels (OTAs, Site, Wholesalers…) and take full advantage of the growth of this sales platform .
- A recent study by D-EDGE shows that hotel online distribution continues to grow rapidly (+45% in 5 years). By partnering with Smartbox Group, D-EDGE offers access to a new, incremental and profitable sales channel to hoteliers.
- The connectivity built between D-EDGE and Smartbox Group enables hoteliers to be connected in real-time to this sales platform and to manage easily and timely their sales (define availability, pricing etc) from a unique tool: their Channel Manager.
- Partnership with Smartbox allows hotels to attract incremental customers, who will enjoy their gift, generating incremental revenues for the hotel through ancillaries .
- Smartbox is a powerful medium to boost hotel visibility and business with a Smartbox gift sold every 5 seconds and 1 in 20 Europeans receiving one as a gift last year1. Smartbox does not cannibalise direct bookings or act like an OTA giving allowing the Hotel to build a direct relationship with the customer for the future. Smartbox customers spend a further 20-50% extra on ancillaries on arrival or at booking to enable Hotels to maximise their profitability of their relationship with Smartbox.
- Now with integration to D-EDGE, there is little effort for the hotel to access this new distribution channel.
Smartbox Group’s experience gifts are available in 11 countries2 in Europe through 9 brands3 which allow customer targeting in each geography. Smartbox Group’s experience gifts are sold in 18,000 European retail outlets (such as Fnac, Leclerc, Cultura, El Corte Inglés, MediaMarkt, Bilka…), as well as online retailers like Amazon. 41,000 accommodation and experience providers already partner with Smartbox Group across Europe, with 40% from the Hotels & Accommodation sector. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and led by CEO Olivier Fajour , Smartbox recorded business volume of nearly 500 million euros in 2018. Smartbox employs more than 1,000 people across Europe and support our experience providers in 8 languages.
Examples of Stay products:
Established from the merger of two long-established hospitality digital solutions providers, D-EDGE offers leading-edge cloud-based e-commerce solutions to more than 12,000 hotels in over 100 countries. Combining the technical excellence of Availpro with the digital marketing expertise of Fastbooking, D-EDGE brings a holistic hospitality technology infrastructure under one roof. The integrated range of solutions covers all stages of hotel distribution which encompasses Central Reservation System, Data Intelligence, Connectivity Hub, Digital Media and Website Creation. With a team of 350 experts located in over 20 countries, D-EDGE provides localised support, services and tools. With its global network of 500+partners D-EDGE’s ever-expanding ecosystem is a positive place to do business and grow.
You may also like
In most e-commerce business today, payment is done at the time of purchase and not at the time of consumption. Over…
The hotel distribution landscape is often touted as a duopoly held by Booking and Expedia, but we see it slightly differently. While…
Some argue that hospitality technology is evolving too quickly and it’s difficult to know when to commit to a program as…
If the average hotel website conversion rate is 2.2%, there’s a consequent gap between the top-20% hotels who perform…