Rainforest Retreat Improves Direct Booking Conversion
With D-EDGE Booking Engine & Metasearch Marketing
Nestled amongst the Southern Alps close to Franz Josef Glacier and countless scenic spots, Rainforest Retreat is the perfect
base to explore New Zealand’s Glacier Country and the wild West Coast. Rainforest Retreat could not effectively convert their visitors from their website with the Booking Engine bundled with their channel management system.
D-EDGE was engaged to drive online visibility and increase direct bookings through Digital Media solutions and Attraction Booking Engine. With D-EDGE Booking Engine, it has driven conversion to an outstanding new level.
- Inability to improve conversion with previous booking engine.
- Unable to create multiple marketing campaigns with ease on website and mobile.
- The current system was not able to perform flash sales promotions.
- OTAs were actively bidding for visibility on metasearch platforms, and the hotel was struggling to find a way to be displayed on them cost-effectively.
- Constant challenges to update website and booking engine multiple times for any changes to an existing promotion.
- D-EDGE Booking Engine capabilities with its Widgets Suite pricing assist online customers to find rates and availability efficiently.
- To implement D-EDGE’s MediaGenius platform, a complete campaign management solution that includes major players within the metasearch platforms (Google, Trivago and TripAdvisor).
- To execute Dynamic Rate Calendar widget to showcase live rates to improve conversion.
- The widget on the website is updated automatically with the latest promotions and dynamic pricing.
We are extremely pleased to have switched over to D-EDGE Booking Engine. The flexibility of the platform together with its various widgets combined with the new website contributed to the success of website conversion and direct booking levels.
- Marketing Campaign Manager within the Booking Engine makes it easy to execute promotions targeted at specific markets to drive direct bookings.
- D-EDGE maximised the hotel’s direct revenue to obtain a higher return of investment and to be more visible on metasearch platforms.
- D-EDGE widget enables hotels to display the latest pricing and promotion effortlessly.
• Year to date spending: NZ$1,955
• Bookings: 188 amounting to NZ$38,900
• Distribution cost: 5%
• Conversion rate from Metasearch campaigns: 6.36%
85% growth in room nights
+125% in direct bookings
+120% clicks to brand website
*Results period: July 2020 – September 2021
You may also like
As a partner to over 10,500 independent hotels worldwide for distribution and marketing strategies, D-EDGE closely monitors hotel distribution and…
For hotel marketers, SEO can be a mystery and a source of anxiety. How can you climb the rankings? What keywords should…
In the heart of cities, close to business centres and the main tourist sites, the Pichet Group hotels are 3* hotels and…
On the heels of the pandemic, the global hotel industry has experienced remarkable growth. In 2022, online revenue increased by 49% in…
Seashells Phu Quoc Hotel & Spa is a 5-star beach resort in Phu Quoc, the largest island in Vietnam. The property, located…