From revenue management to digital customer journey:
What e-commerce infrastructure to perform both on international and domestic markets?
The Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur is an Urban Oasis that brings together upscale comfort and a serene environment to recharge and relax.
In its constant strive to upgrade its software, the management of Eastin Hotel was looking for a SaaS company that could provide a suite of services ranging from Web Development to Central Reservations System (CRS), Global Distribution System (GDS), and Digital Marketing Services. While there were many suppliers in the market, very few could provide complete e-commerce solutions under a single roof.
Eastin Hotel chose D-EDGE for the credibility and reputation it has achieved in the e-commerce space. The hotel also appreciated the array of solutions available to develop the back-end infrastructure required.
- The previous Central Reservations System was not able to target specific markets.
- Booking Engine was not user-friendly. Numerous steps were required to place a room reservation.
- Inability to create multiple marketing campaigns with ease.
- Not knowing the right price for the right market.
- Difficulty in obtaining a quick overview of the hotel’s performance.
- D-EDGE’s Booking Engine provided the capabilities with geo pricing to target specific markets at the right price.
- D-EDGE ensured that the digital customer journey was simplified in every digital touchpoint.
- Digital Media Solutions which include Display Ads, Search Engine and Metasearch Marketing for online visibility were incorporated.
- Rate Screener was applied to give a snapshot of competitor rates and parity issues with OTAs.
- Detailed reports are generated at a click of a button.
D-EDGE e-commerce infrastructure provided us with a seamless process from revenue management to the digital customer journey. The Marketing Campaign Manager (MCM) feature within the Booking Engine is something that truly sets it apart from the others out there. We can create new targeted campaigns and promotions with just a few clicks. The D-EDGE team is always available to offer assistance and solutions to any challenges we face.
- D-EDGE’s Marketing Campaign Manager within the Booking Engine made it easy to execute offers targeted at specific markets and to create more promotions to drive direct booking.
- D-EDGE optimised digital media campaigns in more than 120 countries to improve online visibility worldwide on all devices (desktop, mobile and tablets) and to also maximise bookings and revenue.
- To be less reliant on Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) with better direct booking conversion and getting notified when issues of parity arise.
The results on domestic market*
+50% clicks to brand website
+3.8% in room nights
+87% in direct bookings
*Results period: July – Sept 2020 vs July -Sept 2019
You may also like
For hotel marketers, SEO can be a mystery and a source of anxiety. How can you climb the rankings? What keywords should…
In the heart of cities, close to business centres and the main tourist sites, the Pichet Group hotels are 3* hotels and…
On the heels of the pandemic, the global hotel industry has experienced remarkable growth. In 2022, online revenue increased by 49% in…
Seashells Phu Quoc Hotel & Spa is a 5-star beach resort in Phu Quoc, the largest island in Vietnam. The property, located…